[DeTomaso] Wanted, 71 or 72, Which To Buy?

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Thu Jul 31 08:19:48 EDT 2008

Just to stir things up I'd like to add that my car (#2004 July ´71) presumably has its original trans. It's a Dash-1 and uses the "Mangusta gearing" described below except for 5th where it has the .705. I wouldn't be so sure that the second wave of pantera Dash-1s has the Dash-2 gearing as Mike says. I asked for a .846 4th at RBT but it was not available. Unfortunately you can't install a .846 5th gear set in the 4th gear position either.

Tomas