[DeTomaso] Brake MC  (Re:  Clutch linkage nirvana...:>))

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 30 18:03:22 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/30/08 14 59 36, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> This reminded me...
> I have a stock brake master cylinder in my Pantera.  I also have
> another beefier, USA Ford style master cylinder that a generous person
> on this list sent me years and years ago along with other front brake
> parts.  It does not appear to have a spacer with it however.
>
> So, being that I can't source a rebuild kit for my stock master
> cylinder, I -could- use this other one, but I need to know the
> specifics of mounting, rod lengths, etc.

Well, the first thing you'd need is the spacer.   Some Pantera vendors are
willing to sell the spacer alone, others aren't.   Or, you could go to a source;
Larry Finch recently posted the website for the guy that produces all Dennis
Quella's stuff, for example.

After that, it's pretty straightforward.