[DeTomaso] 335/35/17 versus 315/35/17 rear tires

Forest Majors oldveloce at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 06:35:22 EDT 2008

Dan,

My experience with the Sumitomo HTR Z tires was not good. I ran them on an Audi A6 4.2 sedan. Had tread separation on two tires - both replaced. Then the third tire developed a huge bulge after hitting a normal "New England" chuck hole. That was it - a virtually new set of Sumitomo tires went in the trash can.

The problem was that  I really liked the tires. Great price, great profile on that Audi, very sticky and perfect high speed summer tires. Except that damn things were defective. They might be great on a lighter car with perfect roads - but I would not recommend them.

Forest Majors - Hanging in Hadlyme