[DeTomaso] Maxxis 15-inch tires for the Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 30 01:44:48 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

A few weeks ago I posted information and links about V-rated 295/50-15 and
almost-matching 225/50-15 tires from a tire company called Maxxis.   I've
recently learned that they revamped their website so none of the links work anymore.

Here is the link to the rear tires (295/50-15)

http://www.maxxis.com/AutomobileLight-Truck/Light-Truck-SUV/MA-S1-Marauder.asp

and the front tires (225/50-15)

http://www.maxxis.com/AutomobileLight-Truck/High-Performance/MA-Z4S-Victra.asp

It's odd that the rear tires are listed as being H-rated, yet the pair that I
recently eyeballed in France (pictured below on a 10x15 Campagnolo Pantera
wheel):

http://members.aol.com/mikeldrew/MaxxisRearTire.jpg

are very clearly marked as being V-rated, as you can plainly see from this
close-up:

http://members.aol.com/mikeldrew/MaxxisRearTireMarking.jpg

Why would the same tire be marked/marketed as an H-rated tire for the US
market??? :<(