[DeTomaso] 335/35/17 versus 315/35/17 rear tires

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 20:51:29 EDT 2008

Check with JB...I think he replaced his worn out Michelin Sports with Sumitomo's and said they were a BAD replacement tire...did not handle or grip anywhere as well as his Michelins.

MD

msm at portata.com wrote: The Goodyear Eagles are fine as long as you stay off the Brickyard.  (I
want the two hours of my life back.)  I run the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
on my commuter / occasional track-day car.  I like them.  They a have a
funky tread design you may or may not like.  They won't match your
fronts.

My current set has almost no discernable tread left, so I'll need new
tires before the winter rains come.  I would buy them again, but I want
to try something different just to explore.  Maybe some Kumho DOTs.

I have run a couple of different sets of the Dunlops in the past.  I did
not like them (poor grip, corded early), but that was probably more due
to my choice of the harder rubber series and camber settings.  The 8000
series may be better.

At more than $1,000 out the door, the PZeros are going to run you more
than 10 cents/mile in real world driving.  A lot more if you really put
your foot in it.

Somebody (Garth?) tried the Sumitomo and reported that he liked them.
Hopefully whoever it is will pipe up.

You should go with the Sessanta just to see how it works out.