[DeTomaso] AAAGGGHHH!!!!!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 19:49:09 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

So, at about noon today, I got a phone call from Dennis Quella on my cell
phone.

"Yeah, about that diagram that Becky sent to you with the clutch effort
reduction linkage drawing?   I had given the piece to her and told her what to do
with it, but she flipped it over backwards before she traced it and sent it to
you.   So, that drawing is actually backwards, the thing needs to be pointed
the other way."

Wait, you mean that I spent ten hours of my life dinking around with the car
to flip this stupid thing around, when it was right the whole time, and all I
had to was shorten the pushrod to the appropriate length and my clutch would
have been perfect?   And now the piece is installed backwards, so I have to
tear it all apart again and flip it back around to the way it was originally?

AAAGGHHH!!!!!!!!

But, Kudos to Dennis for following up afterwards, figuring out her goof, and
taking the time to dig up my phone number and call me right away to clue me in
to the problem.

So, now I know what I'll be doing with my life tomorrow morning....

Sigh....