[DeTomaso] Head Lights - How The Doors Work

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 15:02:41 EDT 2008

Good explanation, but I had to read it twice.... While I'm not a certified
Electrical Guy like Bill, I will add that the headlight motor MUST be ungrounded
at all times to work. The factory did this with the very short motor leads
provided by Ducellier by adding a special mounting lug screwed to the back end
of the motor. This lug keeps the motor wire from vibrating and cracking, and it
looks like a ground.   But in fact there's a fragile bakelite grommet between
motor and lug that often fails, semi-grounding the motor and blowing fuses at
random intervals. All the Panteras I work on, I arbitrarily remove this lug
and its grommet, and substitute a simple double-male connector from the motor
to the chassis wires, strapping the motor leads down with a tie-wrap for
vibration prevention. Good luck,all- J DeRyke