[DeTomaso] Clutch effort reduction redo...

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Jul 29 08:30:22 EDT 2008

Well, I DO have  heavy clutch, and use the "reduction" technique
lever system to my great pleasure. Now, to release the clutch there
is needed the same sume force at the pedal as it takes to push the
fingers of the ressure plate. The only thing different is the the
progressivity of the movement.
I use the progressive curve to be able to engage the friction plates
in a nice and civiliced manner for the first part of pedal travel from
the bottom. More so than for pedal pressure as such.
As this is a simple lever ratio system it is possible to make working in
almost any direction and progressivity. I dont see the problem
for a good garage to handle this situation.
Goran