[DeTomaso] Head Lights - Trouble shooting

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:54:10 EDT 2008

No, the "bucket signal" from the headlight switch is one wire with either
power or no power. With power the buckets go up, with no power the buckets
go down (caused by relay circuitry powered from a separate wire). If the
headlight switch signal is missing they wouldn't go up. If it was there all
the time the buckets would go up before the headlights are turned on. In
this case they were down until the headlights were turned on as far as I
understood.

***Without knowing how the switch is actually wired, this would coincide
with our experience, Mike, in a failing switch. You'll recall my headlight
action in the death throes of my headlight switch - when it failed, the
headlights went down and wouldn't go up again.