[DeTomaso] Does the Parking Brake Lever Housing Often Interfere with After Market Seats? what to do?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jul 28 15:57:31 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/27/08 6:31:47 PM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> It looks like the housing is a lot wider than necessary, has anyone worked
> out a mod to narrow it?  Or to put the lever in the console?

LOTS of work! Easier is to make up a pair of thin straps drilled for the
passenger seat on one pattern and the rails on the other, thus offsetting the seat
towards the door. This also allows the seat to go back a little further since
it'll contact the engine cover at a different spot. I made mine from 2" wide
x 3/16" thick aluminum strap, so the seat is offset 1", leaving enough room
between the seat & console for a CD player or a fire extinguisher laying down. A
Saturday afternoon's work. Good luck- J DeRyke