[DeTomaso] Head Lights - Trouble shooting

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jul 28 13:57:25 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/28/08 1 02 13, guson at home.se writes:

> The problem is most certainly not in the headlight switch. The headlight
> motor takes its power from the output of the switch and it's clearly working
> according to your description. Instead turn your attention to the lower limit
> switch. It will break the "down motion" when it's activated. My guess is that
> it's not gotten enough excercise.

That's a likely explanation, but it *could* be the headlight switch too.
When you turn the lights on, power is routed through a set of terminals on the
switch to the 'up' side of the motor, and when you turn the lights off, power
is routed via different terminals on the switch to the 'down' side of the
motor.   It's possible that the 'down' portion of the switch has failed (or the
wire has come off, or any of a number of possible explanations).