[DeTomaso] Does the Parking Brake Lever Housing Often Interfere with After Market Seats? what to do?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jul 28 00:28:35 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/27/08 18 31 49, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I bought a nice pair of seats, but the housing for the parking brake lever
> interferes with the passenger seat.  It looks like the housing is a lot wider
> than necessary, has anyone worked out a mod to narrow it?  Or to put the
> lever in the console?

Need more information.   What kind of car do you have?

The two-pod dash interior has a parking brake cover that is a piece of
sheetmetal covered in naugahyde.   The one-pod dash interior uses a molded hard
plastic piece, which has a kick-out making it quite a bit wider than it needs to
be.

Which kind do you have?   I know that the early style will fit with a later
console, because that's what I have done in my car to make room for my Recaro
seats.