[DeTomaso] Exhaust Port Plates for conversion to 2bbl heads with

dyogi dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 26 03:02:45 EDT 2008

When I swapped out my 4v heads for Edelbrock aluminum 2v heads, I initially
used my existing Hall big bore 4v headers with no adapter plates.  I used a
set of Percy’s Kevlar header gaskets which are sold by several vendors on
Ebay.  This gasket has a steel core covered by a Kevlar material.  The
gasket seals and held up really well.  I recently bought a set of 2v headers
from Larry Stock.  When I removed the 4v set, you could see the mismatch of
the heads/headers due to the port/header size imprinted on the gaskets but
the gaskets held up great.  I don’t know how much performance difference
loss there is due to the mismatch but they didn’t leak and worked.  There
was a huge difference in sound and performance switching to the PPC headers
but I attribute that to the size of the collectors.  The Hall big bore
collectors have really small collectors.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Dennis

Checked by AVG.
6:59 AM