[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 48, Issue 25- FUEL FILTER

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 25 13:34:17 EDT 2008

Clay,
We talked to Aeroquip when we did my fuel system
for my 411 stroker... they recommended a 10 micron
filter before the pump and a 100 micron filter after

I run dash 10 lines to the regulator with a dash
8 line back to the tank and 2 dash 6 lines from
the regulator to each end of the 830 Nascar Holley

Pump is 180 gpm aeroquip unit

I do have the Fuel Safe Cell that I specified
the supply and return sizes to be in dash 10 and 8
I bought it from Byers who got it from Quella
who did the drawings for Fuel Safe... It was really
for a later car as mine is a 72 but really a late 71
The angle at the front was not right so I did
some shimming to make it fit... not cheap but
my wife requested it since I was going to be racing.
It also took about 4 months to get.

I have never had a starvation problem but my
engine needs a lot to keep her running... not
very good on gas mileage... thats the main
reason I put the taller gear for the longer trips
I don't have to hit the gas station as much if
I can manage to keep my foot out of it.

Bob

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.