[DeTomaso] Sequential gearbox for the ADA pantera

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 18:23:42 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/24/08 2:07:19 PM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> The only "Clevor Block" I know of is the Fontana Block.  It's a mix that
> uses a Cleveland oil pan and a Windsor timing cover, etc.  I think the SVO
> block is basically a 9.2 deck Windsor with extra metal to make it strong and
> maybe set up for dry sump.  I think the general term "Clevor" applies to
> Cleveland style heads on a Windsor block.

Deck height is basically immaterial in a $15,000 engine; intake spacers are
still available in any case. But the Fontana is an aluminum block which may not
be legal in Vintage racing in Europe. But the 6 different iron Ford Racing
blocks (p/n 6010-C, -N, -W, -V, R, M and -N-351) currently sold   in '08 are
also cleav-or style Ford hasn't sold a true Cleveland-type block in decades. Some
of the above are dry-sump, some have 9.5 decks and one takes a hi-rpm 302
crank. All are cheaper than the Fontana and most allow monstrous overbores and
considerable stroke increases, in case Pat's bored with his power during those
long straightaway runs. Dunno if bigger engines are legal either, but its
certainly harder to detect than an alloy block. Interestingly, all these iron
racing blocks weigh between 190-205 lbs while a stock 351-C weighs about 155 lbs.
Good luck, Pat- J Deryke