[DeTomaso] Inline fuel filter size

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 24 17:47:41 EDT 2008

Do most people have 10 micron filters inline before the carb ?  Most 6 AN inline filters I can find are 35 microns or larger and state "not for fuel injection".
To get a 10 micron I would need to use 8 AN to 6 AN fittings for the brands I can find.  The Edelbrock/Russell billet filter in 6 AN sates 10 microm on some sites but the factory site says a 40 micron disc and does not mention 10 micron.

I am changing to the mechanical fuel pump and since I have a new sender a with the sock filter  and a clean tank I plan to use only one filter post pump.   Any resaon why I would need a pre pump filter also with my set up?

Thanks in advance

Clay