[DeTomaso] Mustang rotor swap question?

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Wed Jul 23 19:35:33 EDT 2008

What I found is that the SSBC Mustang rotor rubs on the spring clip at the
back of caliper that holds the pads in place.  This only seems to happen to
those of us who have swapped to Porterfield pads.  So, my deduction is that
either the backing plate on the Porterfields is slightly shorter front to
back, so it doesn't push the spring clip quite as far back, or the SSBC
rotor is just a hair larger in diameter, or a combination of both.  Mine
only give an intermittent chirp after the brakes are warmed up, which as
Chris says is a little embarrassing, but seems to be going away with some
use.

Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest