[DeTomaso] Mustang rotor/stud problem resolved

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Wed Jul 23 16:18:22 EDT 2008

You quoted him:
snip
 Then I pressed them into the mustang disk (5.5 tons was needed), I stopped
when the threaded side gets out at aprox 30mm length (as original)
 Then a collegue arc-weld them a bit, just to be sure they wont move. (pic
was taken after I clean them out)
eosnip

It sure sounds like he pressed the stud in until a certain protrusion was reached (30 mm) as opposed to the stud head touching the rotor. Once the head bottoms out you'd sooner strip the threads than pulling the head through the rotor so the welding would seem unnecessary to me.

Tomas