[DeTomaso] Mustang rotor swap question?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 16:00:25 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/22/08 10:38:27 PM, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> That possibility was mentioned, but the rubbing sound is there all the
> time, even if you lift the front of the car up and just spin the wheel.  It
> looked like the entire edge of the rotor was rubbed shiny;

If its the OUTSIDE edge of the rotor, its likely rubbing the inside of the
caliper. I   would unloosen the caliper mount bolts, and with some force, pull
outward on the caliper while tighening the bolts. If this doesn't give enough
clearance, you're going to either enlarge the caliper bolt holes a tiny amount
or somehow machine down the rotor edge that's shiny.... and note the rotor
will grow a little when it gets hot. Its not good to have the rotors machine
their own clearance in the calipers, which are softer. FWIW- J DeRyke