[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 48, Issue 22-Pink Datson 510

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 15:34:14 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/22/08 3:32:35 PM, RCBSONS1 at aol.com writes:

> We have a Pink Datsun in Norcal that one of the autocrossers runs and also
> uses for Hillclimbs It has a smallblock Buick V-8 and has set top time of the
> day at many event. They set up an autocross event back that was called
> Bimbo's Revenge including hats with Pink lettering stating the same
> along with the Pink lettering on the Trophy. Not sure were the hat is but I
> still have the Trophy
>
> Fastest Pink car I have ever seen... Ed pink's motor cars were never Pink
> were they???

That was Dennis and Peggy Hale's Datsun 510 with a 215 aluminum Buick set
under the dashboard. There have been several engines- they use up the Buicks
pretty quick at 7000 rpms, and FWIW, Peggy was faster than Dennis.... They also
founded the 'Five-and-Dime' car club in Scotts Valley CA. Cheers- J Deryke