[DeTomaso] Wipers

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:14:03 EDT 2008

If it's the park switch itself, then simply replace it, they are available from most sources that supply the Mini/Jaguar wiper parts, here's one in Nevada City, CA

http://www.minimania.com/web/Item/520160A/AddedFrom/CatBrowse-%20WIPERS/InvDetail.cfm

Or pick one up on your travels/through your UK contacts, as they list at only 7.50GBP from Stafford Vehicle Components.

If it turns out to be the cam on the plastic gear (unlikely) let me know and I'll mail you one.

As an aside the MiniMania guys (and others) carry an intermittent wiper delay retrofit kit for anyone who might be interested and actually drives their Pantera in the rain.
Julian>>>There is a cam inside the wiper motor/gearbox which is supposed to break contact and stop the wipers at a certain point, after power is removed. On both my Cobra and Pantera (which use the same system), this feature stopped working, so the wipers stop almost as soon as you turn the switch off. It's a struggle to time it just right, because they still move a little bit when power is removed. So you have to hold your tongue just right, and turn the switch off JUST before they get to the parked position. If you find out how to fix it let me know! Mike