[DeTomaso] 5100miles to  Le Mans and back!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 00:55:34 EDT 2008

All,

I and Jim Oddie led Kjetil and Lisa on a tour of the track after the
conclusion of the race (the track is comprised of about 2/3 public roads).   We drove
backwards all the way around to Tetre Rouge, where the track diverges from the
public road.   After saying our goodbyes, we headed back the way we came.
This time Kjetil and Lisa were in front.

The sound of the turbos whistling was *awesome* as he booted it down the
road, turning into little more than a speck in the distance, seemingly fearless of
the Gendarmes who had been thick as fleas on a dog just an hour or so before.
  It's a beautiful car, very well-sorted, and he deserves a LOT of credit for
driving it over 5000 miles in a part of the world where gas ranges from $8 a
gallon (France) to more than $11 a gallon (his native Norway, of which there
is quite a lot to traverse before he gets to a border crossing).

Lisa also deserves extra-special credit, not only for putting up with over
5000 miles in the passenger seat of a Pantera in the summertime, but more
generally, for being such a willing participant in the Pantera project, and an
awesome babe all-around.   Kjetil's car is devoid of undercoating; all of it was
scraped out of the engine bay and wheelwells, and SHE did most of it!!!!

Here's a photo of the two of them in Patrick's paddock after the conclusion
of the racing:

http://members.aol.com/mikeldrew/KjetilLisaLeMansPaddock.jpg

and a photo of them with their Pantera in Arnage after dinner:

http://members.aol.com/mikeldrew/KjetilLisaLeMansPantera.jpg

(Lisa changed clothes in the car while the guys were examining the
engine--damn!) :>)