[DeTomaso] Did France require yellow headlights at the time?

Dagny Kristine Bakken dagny-kr at online.no
Tue Jul 22 15:52:51 EDT 2008

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] På
vegne av Fernando Bianchi
Sendt: 22. juli 2008 13:41
Til: detomaso at realbig.com
Emne: [DeTomaso] Did France require yellow headlights at the time?

>Yes. It was a legal requirement in France until the late 80's / early
90's... As I child I got used to see them in the 504 Peugeot's >(which I
loved at the time (still do..a little bit!!)) around in Spain...
>I found out about it as I was curious of why some cars had yellow lenses
and some didnt...

Here is a link to the topic
http://forums.motivemag.com/zerothread?cmd=print&id=3787319
Here, bulbs with yellow light is available and used by some,as they are said
to give a better light in winter and especially when its snowing(less
reflections is a part of it)

Cheers
Øyvind Bakken
Norway