[DeTomaso] more fuel system questions

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 12:51:08 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/20/08 4:27:02 PM, justingreisberg at hotmail.com writes:

> I would like to use the drain as the fuel line for an electric pump.  I
> think the plug is 3/4" NPT threads.

This is an Italian-built car so most threads are metric. Some tanks have M16
x1.5 metric while other have M22 x 1.5 threads and neither are tapered. If
your car is similar to most U.S Panteras, with a little care you can run an SAE
pipe tap into the tank drain and rethread it. Be careful to not construct a
"Christmas tree" of fittings hanging down below the tank to snag road debris- a
couple of cars have done so and ripped the bottom out of their tanks. Use the
most compact system of fittings you can find, for safety's sake. Good luck- J
DeRyke