[DeTomaso] 3rd fan

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 12:42:02 EDT 2008

I'll give my 2nd and 3rd fans to anyone who needs them for FREE.

"ProvaMo.com" <Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I have a spare 3rd fan. I'd sell it for $20.

Chuck

It's hard to credit the third fan for all the success I'm having with my
cooling (yesterday in 75-80 degree heat the temp never got above 195)
because when I was adding the third fan I broke the original radiator and
had to buy and install a new, brass one.

Maybe the radiator alone would have fixed the problem, maybe the third fan,
but I do know that Doug Braun added a third fan to his and it worked well.
He was the one who suggested the third fan to me.

I'd add the third fan before a new radiator, though, since a fan costs about
$70 or so, and a new radiator is just a wee bit more expensive.

Sincerely,

Chris
#3846> Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:19:12 -0400> From: ERPIKE at cs.com> To:
chrisvkimball at msn.com> CC: detomaso at realbig.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso]
indicator light> > Chris:> I noticed you have 3 fans. Did the 3rd fan help
with cooling when you have to sit and ilde alot? > > Ed...> > Christopher
Kimball wrote:> > >> >What I did was to tap into the
wires at each fan motor (I have three--much to Mad Dawg's chagrin!) using
the positive and negative leads right before they went into the fan motors
and ran the thee pairs of wire to the dash. I drilled three little holes
above the headlight switch and mounted three different colored LEDs (which I
bought at Radio Shack--made especially for 12 volts) so now I know exactly
when each fan is operating.> >> >The LEDs must be hooked up correctly with
the positive side to the positive wire and negative to negative.> >> >Chris>
>> >#3846> >> >> From: MikeLDrew at aol.com> >> Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 00:36:38
-0400> >> To: adin at frontier.net; detomaso at realbig.com> >> Subject: Re:
[DeTomaso] indicator light> >> > >> > >> In a message dated 7/19/08 17 37
44, adin at frontier.net writes:> >> > >> > >> > I need to have a little light
to let me know when the cooling fans > >> > come on (ford, but not pantera)
. . . it seems one could just take 12v > >> > off the fan to a light. It
also seems this is a fire waiting to > >> > happen - do I need to take the
power off the relay???> >> > > >> > Help please . . .> >> > > >> >
electronically challenged I remain,> >> > > >> > >> Dave,> >> > >> De Tomaso
was way ahead of you--there is a fan indicator light sitting right > >>
there at the bottom of your speedometer!> >> > >> That light is amber in
color, and moron Lincoln Mercury customers interpreted > >> that as a
WARNING light and this drew complaints. So after early 1972, it > >> was
left unconnected.> >> > >> It is a very simple matter to string a wire from
the output side of your #2 > >> fan relay back to this light. Voila! :>)>
t from t
he output side, where 12V flows to the fan > >> motor, then the spinning fan
might cause the light to glow when it is spinning, > >> but not powered.
Come to think of it, it's probably better to string the > >> wire from the
input to the fan relay, where the relay gets its "turn on the fan" > >>
signal from the thermoswitch in the radiator.> >> > >> Mike> >> > >> > >>
**************> >> Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
> >> FanHouse Fantasy Football today.> >> > >>
(http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020)> >>
6:08 PM