[DeTomaso] Larry's CF & Fiberglass Body Panels -  Carbon decklid, hood and wing for Pantera - made in Sweden

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 12:39:17 EDT 2008

When I drove up to Reno to pick up my CF decklid and Dan Courtney's FIBERGLASS (now mine!) decklid and airdam the fiberglass pieces were sitting in Larry's shop so he is already making them.

  The first thing that impressed me about the NEW fiberglass pieces (besides the low price) was the fact that they are allot more solid (less flex) then any of the other vendor pieces I have seen in the past.   What may account for that (and jump in here Larry) increased stiffness  is that Larry 'may' have had everyone's vendor add some additional reinforcement on the back side of Larry's pieces....but I'll let Larry respond to the what and why.

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 7/20/08 17 36 11, teampantera at yahoo.com writes:

> Mikey, are you sure Larry and Steve's vendor is also making up PI's pieces?
> My understanding is each of the Pantera vendors has their own molds and have
> incorporated some changes into the mold process with the supplier.

Yes, Larry told me the same PERSON was making the parts for PI and Wilkinson,
who each have their own molds. And now Larry has a third set of molds.

PCNC just visited a club member who is a vintage racer, and bought a
basket-case rust-free Pantera. He wasn't aware that any of these parts were out
there, and is halfway through the process of making his own fiberglass decklid
mold too!

Mike

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
FanHouse Fantasy Football today.