[DeTomaso] indicator light/"overheating"/FI

P. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Mon Jul 21 12:04:10 EDT 2008

Assuming the EFI set up is a Ford MASS from 87-93  any cam other than a
stock cam will cause drivability, idle, WOT and performance problems with
the ECU unless you piggyback the ECU with tuner. The Stock cam is actually a
pretty good cam. If you are looking for more performance a set of better
breathing heads, GT40s, Canfield or AFRs and an intake from a early 5.0
Explorer are the best approach with the Ford EFI. Also make sure the correct
MASS, injectors and ECU are being used. Mismatch components can be a real
pain to trouble shoot.

Cheers

Paul