[DeTomaso] PI on a car in Hellerton PA

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 20 23:00:09 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/20/08 18 24 28, Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net writes:

> Paul,
>
> Did you check the Registry?
>
> http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNDU09404/RTHPNDU0
> 9404.asp
>
> Previous owner, location (New Mexico), mileage, and last sale are listed I
> believe.  I'm updating the Registry now.  Since 2003 it has been driven
> about 1,000+ Km.

Ah, this is Greg Sullivan's old car then.

I got to closely inspect this car when he had it on display in Las Vegas.
It was virtually a time-capsule car, like new in every respect.   It still had
that 'new car smell' even.   It was as perfect as they come.

When Greg was selling it, he knew that it was several notches above anything
else on the market (even though the engine was very stock, and therefore very
weak) and he priced it in the stratosphere (appropriate as he is a space
engineer!)

I don't know what the car sold for, but it would stand to reason that the
current seller would be looking for a similar payback, and thus it probably has a
very high reserve.   That said, I don't think you can go wrong buying this
car.   Were it to appear in my garage, I'd immediately take steps to increase
caster (either by fitting offset bushings or having the upper front A-arms
modified), I'd reinforce the chassis rails where the lower A-arms mount (they have
a rather annoying tendancy to fall out of the car on these later chassis), and
then I'd just drive it.   Eventually I'd budget for a real engine.   And tha
t's it!