[DeTomaso] Orange Pantera racing at Le Mans...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 20 00:44:54 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/19/08 17 38 18, Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net writes:

> It sports a nice 6 point cage,
>
>>>That came from Larry Stock.   I looked at it closely--it looks VERY nice.

> but note the rear camber bar.  Is this
> required for the class?
>
>>>No, it's simple ignorance.   The poor fellow had never seen another
Pantera before, and had no idea what parts were available, not to mention the
support network for Pantera owners worldwide.   He is now in the process of being
educated and shown the love. :>)

> It also has the L bumper holes both front and rear.  I did not think all
> Euro-delivery destined cars received the holes... or am I forgetting???
>
>>>This car doesn't have L-bumper holes in the front, only the rear.   Euro
L-models normally came with a one-piece rear bumper (often chrome) and simple
blade bumperettes in front (without the turn signals incorporated into them).
He might have removed the rear bumper because it was heavy and he didn't like
the look.

Also, when these photos were taken the paint was three DAYS old, so he hadn't
finished assembling it.   The car had no rubber weatherstripping on it
anywhere, for example, not by choice, but simply because he ran out of time to
install it.