[DeTomaso] MCC problems

Rick Shawver rick.shawver at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 14:05:24 EDT 2008

I've had similar problems with a brand new "oem" replacement MCC.
Found two problems.  The cap sticks on the bowl causing the bowl to
unscrew when you remove the cap.  The bowl fails to seal effectively
even when torqued down pretty hard.  Les Grey had advised me to never
throw away old parts because you'll never know when you might needs
them.  So we pulled the old MCC out of the 1 gallon ziplock baggie and
exchanged the original 35 year old bowl and cap with the new one.
It's now worked fine for the last 6 months.   My take on it is while
the piston and bore seem to be excelent parts, the bowl and cap are
NOT.  Thanks to Les's advice and help my problem got fixed.