[DeTomaso] Ignition truble

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 21:45:04 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/17/08 2:25:21 PM, mike.vallee at yahoo.com writes:

> My MSD dist has a .530 shaft.

If you know you have a 0.530 shaft, either the poly or the conventional steel
gear should work. Note that all the troubles with drive gears seems to come
not from the distributor gears but from the integral CAM gear being ground at
the wrong angle on new cams. More than half-a-dozen such problems have shown up
in the last few years. I don't know of anyone who's used the poly gear but it
sounds good; if I needed one, I'd try it- but I'd also check it regularly and
I wouldn't run a high-pressure or high-volume oil pump, at least until I'd
built up some confidence in the gear. I'd be interested in what you find out-
good luck- J DeRyke