[DeTomaso] 351C Crankshaft Question

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 15:16:56 EDT 2008

Not sure what you're referring to -- about the photo, discouraging me, and a MAJOR project. I'm in no hurry, I've built and blueprinted engines before, and I have no intention of piecing a stroker with pieces from all over the world (unless Dan Jones tells me exactly what to get and where).  As I mentioned, I exploring my options while the block is being checked out.

Back to my questions...
1. You have mentioned on this list that there is a certain oil passage that does not get adequately cleared with hot tanking the block and that it needs to be reamed out with a drill bit. What passage is that and were can it be found?

2. You and others have also recommended drilling a hole to feed additional oil to the distributor gear. Where and at what angle?  Do you have measurements available?  Or do you not recommend this any more?

I've tried the search function for the mail list, but it's basically worthless - craps out if more than one search term is entered.

Thanks!
Garth