[DeTomaso] New engine and ZF inspection

J B Reardon jbreardon at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 10:12:28 EDT 2008

I am getting ready to put my Pantera back together. Due to a lengthy stay at the body shop my enthusiasm waned. The chassis is done but has no drivetrain. My Clevor engine was built by a machine shop and has sat on the concrete in a wooden crate for 8 years.  The original ZF has been sitting around even longer.  Is there anything that I could or should do to check on the condition of the engine or transmission before I put them in the car?  Are there any problems with putting a Clevor in the chassis?
I just got my TWM individual throttle body intake system. I am very excited about this! I have not selected an ECU unit. I am now excited about rounding up the parts to finish this restoration. I want to be promoted from a voyeur to a slacker:)

Jim