[DeTomaso] Master Clutch Cylinder

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 21:49:41 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/16/08 10 58 54, trevor at fougere.com writes:

> Is this all luck of the draw? ....as this now seems to be the Achilles heel
> of an otherwise great running car...this will be the 4th MCC on it in under
> 2 yrs.
>
> Thoughts and opinions are welcome as I need to address this right
> away....down time sucks.

I think your failures are probably self-induced by your choice of clutch
fluid.   I would only advise using good-quality DOT 3 fluid (or DOT 3/4), i.e.
Ford Heavy Duty Brake Fluid, or equivalent.   Don't screw around with DOT 5, DOT
5.1, or DOT 4.   Some of those might work, some won't.   Why gamble?