[DeTomaso] New Nurburgring track record set!

adin at frontier.net adin at frontier.net
Wed Jul 16 11:30:19 EDT 2008

I used to live by that philosophy, for decades.

Anyone can go sort of "fast" if we are talking about 120. Even I went
150 in Nebraska (mostly because I got out of bed) without my chin
spoiler (agricultural excursion)but going really fast is more than
just pushing the happy pedal.  And, if all you are doing is pushing
the happy pedal - YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT!

That 179 on that "straight" didn't appear to be for the faint of heart . . .

My point was this: your "10 minute" ring is nothing to sneeze at when
you consider you are giving up 60 mph top speed. and you are lacking
about 50 years of technology, too!

heel-and-a-toe-and-a-4-3-2 . . . .

    Anybody