[DeTomaso] (no subject)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 14:54:07 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/12/08 18 16 5, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> Great instructions came with the LED replacements; so great that even I
> could finish the project without breaking something.
>
> Thanks for a truly quality product.

We noticed at Le Mans that Charlie McCall's Pantera has a slight electrical
'leak' that causes the brake lights to glow ever so slightly when the car is
shut off.   As the LEDs don't draw much power even when fully lit, it doesn't
seem to impact the battery, but it does certainly look a little strange.

My impression of the LEDs is that they are brighter, but the overall light
output is smaller because they are directional and don't take advantage of the
reflector in the lens housing.   So when standing up close to the car, the
lights appear brighter, but when viewed from far away (i.e. in a car following
from a distance) the lights are smaller and thus more difficult to see.

Gr4 lights with stock bulbs put out much more light than the standard Pantera
taillights IMHO.