[DeTomaso] Crazy Vette People

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 14:09:06 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/10/08 18 49 55, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> That's funny.
>
> You can buy 8" campy's already powdercoated from Hall for $250 each.
>
>>>They'll likely be the wrong wheels (mismatched) and for sure they'll be
the wrong color.

> Tell him you'll make him a deal - he can have the car and the wheels for
> $70K.  He can sell the car for $80K and make $10K profit.
>
> Then - go buy another Pantera - and a Corvette.
>
>>>HAHAHAHA!!!

FWIW I had four wheels painted by a local body shop.   Two of them had
factory paint that was a bit thin (Guido didn't bother giving them a full, proper
coating so some green primer was showing through; I bought them new that way),
and two of them had been powdercoated the wrong color by Larry Stock.

The wheels weren't stripped; they were just lightly sanded to give the paint
something to adhere to.   Cost for labor and materials was about $650 if I
recall.   That reflects California prices, the highest in the nation.