[DeTomaso] ATE 200 Brake Fluid

Don Thomas dtpantera at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 02:35:27 EDT 2008

Asa... Here are a couple of links and quotes you might find useful,
especially the break fluid caparison.

Cheers...

http://v8sho.com/SHO/BrakeFluid.htm

Quote from above link:

ATE Super Blue Racing and ATE TYP 200 are the same brake fluid in two
different colors (blue and amber, respectively). BMW recommends this brake
fluid for their street cars because it, like Castrol LMA, absorbs moisture
very slowly. The advantage over LMA is that ATE has a much better wet
boiling point. You can put this stuff in your car and forget about it for a
long time. An excellent choice for a weekend track car which also sees
regular street duty. Comes in metal cans. This is what I use in all my
street cars

http://www.germanautoparts.com/chemicals/Brake%20fluids/ATE

Ate Typ 200 Brake Fluid - Same high performance specs as the Super Blue
Racing fluid above but in a standard amber color with DOT approval.
Alternate Typ 200 and Super Blue each time you change fluid and the color
change makes it east to tell when you have flushed out the old fluid.
Contains no silicone so it is compatible with all conventional fluids

Brake Fluid comparison

http://www.swedishbricks.net/700900FAQ/Brake%20Fluid%20Comparison.htm

FWIW:  My conclusion:  ATE Type 200 and Super Blue are not only the cheapest
of the performance brake fluids, they are also the cheapest per degree of
boil protection, and have a very high 6-month BP estimate. In addition you
can alternate with each change and the color difference will tell you when
you're done.   [Note that ATE Blue is not DOT-approved because of the
color.]

--
Best regards,
-dt