[DeTomaso] Question for the Brazilian Girls

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 21:30:13 EDT 2008

I need the name of the song or the album containing this particular song of
Grupo Revelacao.  I have the faith that anyone's trivial  life questions can
be answered by our illustrious membership.
Somehow I found myself at a Brazilian festival on the Queen Mary, in Long
Beach, last evening.  Although I'm not Brazilian I found it most  educationally
fun and interesting.  There were several bands; I  believe the headline group
was Grupo Revelacao. Everyone adored them  plus knew all the lyrics to their
songs. Some of  the language spoken I was not familiar with.   The Spanish-ish
I could recognize but much of the  spoken language was Portuguese.  The decks
of the event were  quite crowded, nearly person upon person.   I enjoyed dance
 lessons from a very lovely Brazilian girl standing in front of me. Even
though she had no clue; It was a kick emulating her repetitious tiny  steps back
and forth coupled with some pretty erotic hip and arm  movements. It was also
gratifying to learn that I finally encountered  the girls who, en masse, wear
my style of shoes!   Yeah!!!
Very good food was brought from Silvio's Brazilian BBQ,  Hermosa Beach Pier
Promenade, and another place catered stuffed  pastries and something like
chicken tapas.

The question I have for the Brazilian girls is what song is called  something
like, "No Se?"  It's about a girl who is so indecisive the fellow  doesn't
know where she stands.  It was the best song (quite jazzy) of  the eve., and
everyone, including a gigantic pro. Basketball player. Anderson  Varejao of the
Cleveland Cavaliers, was present and most everyone was  either eating,
drinking, singing, or dancing wildly.

So... what does this have to do with cars you may inquire.  Well, as I  was
standing in line for an hour + waiting for the cheese & meat filled  pastries,
there was a very nice gentleman in front of me trying the Acai  Berry juice.
Evidently the Brazilians are trying to market this juice  under the name of
"Monavie" in the USA as this berry is a secret from the  Amazon and the
Brazilian Rain Forest.  It packs unbelievably more  antioxidants than even
pomegranates and blueberries.  So I got to talking  with this man, Skip, standing in
front of me, and low and  behold, he's a car man. He didn't appear to be Brazilian
 but he must have some connection, as everyone did.  He has  his own car
restoration business in Whittier, CA: "Cypress Auto  Restoration."  May as well
give him a plug as he said  such incredibly complimentary things about Panteras,
although he's  a Bizzarini owner and aficianodo.  His card reads fiberglass
molds, parts and car fabrication/ repairs.  mrglasscars.com  714-527-3121
email _mrglasscars at yahoo.com_ (mailto:mrglasscars at yahoo.com) .   He  has no idea
I'm publishing this and I have no clue as to his product or  business, but he
was very nice, knowledgeable and he impressed  me.   What the hay I have to
have some car relevance here for  risk of POCA lynching.
Cheers,
Laurie
p.s.  I didn't win the free trip to Brazil they were giving out  sponsored by
Korean Airlines.  They said Korean is the only non-stop  flight from LA to
Brazil.  I had to ask who does their maintenance and they  said they do their
own; most of the big jobs handled in Los  Angeles. (paranoid flyers need to know
these things).
10/4 Cheers to all,
Laurie