[DeTomaso] Hazard Switch Replacement

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 15:14:35 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/12/08 7:43:44 PM, daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com writes:

> I put my old switch back in and the center console lights don't work with
> it either, though I believe it did before.  I checked the fuses and none seem
> to be blown.  Could it be the dimmer switch?

Sure could. Dimmer switches regularly go bad. But the fix is often a no-cost
5-minute effort in adding a 1/2" jumper wire with a soldering gun (see POCA
News article May '06).
Note also that with any "adapted" hazard switch, you'll likely be going thru
the very same wire-sort scenario, as almost all the lights in the car route
through the switch. I noted a few years ago that an Alfa Romeo spyder hazard
switch looks externally very similar to that in a same-year Pantera but that it
likely would take some sorting out. Good luck- J Deryke

Get the
scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area -
Check out TourTracker.com!