[DeTomaso] Success at Le Mans!

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 11:32:29 EDT 2008

Outstanding news.

  Congrat's to Pat and all the drivers and crews.  Great news as well that Pat's cooling mods worked this time out.

  Mikey,
  Can you share a summary of the details of the Pantera's that made it to grid and how many Panteras total made it to the finish??

  How many in Pat's group finished and how long did pat run the Candy Pantera on the course??

  CONGRATULATIONS PAT!

  dawg

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:
  Hi guys,

I'm in Paris, heading for the airport, and Patrick Hals is on the road, on
the way home after a great weekend at Le Mans Classic.

The De Tomaso marque was well-represented, with no less than FIVE
Gr4-prepared Panteras entered in Plateau 6 (1972-1979) and one Gr3-prepared car in
Plateau 5.

Le Mans is a tough place, and it's an especially tough place to bring a car
if it's not ready to go. Of the Panteras entered, several of them rolled off
the trailer with mechanical issues, and they didn't get far. In fact, only
two of the six Panteras made it through the weekend. But Patrick has been
working like crazy to sort out the Candy Gr4 Pantera in the past few weeks, and
his efforts were rewarded with smooth, consistant, and FAST runs to the finish!

As for me, I had media access and thus could go behind the fences, and
literally stand touching the guardrails and leaning out over the track while
shooting photos. Thus I shot over 2000 photos (!) this weekend, and must have
walked 20 miles or more.

Imagine standing on one of the Le Mans straights, as a Porsche 917 goes
whistling past you going the better part of 200 mph, just ten feet away. It's an
experience I shall not soon forget!

Oh, and forget about sleeping--there are 362 other days in the year with
plenty of time for silly things like that. :>)

Here's a sneak preview, a photo of Patrick being hounded by a 911 as he comes
past the pits:

http://members.aol.com/mikeldrew/CandyFrontStraight.jpg

I'm off to the airport; I'm sure Patrick will weigh in with a full report
soon! And Charlie presumably drove the 12+ hours straight home, then jumped on
an airplane this morning for work as well; he'll have a moment to describe his
journey (and the success that was the Loire Valley tour) in a day or two as
well.

Cheers!

Mike

Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live
music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!