[DeTomaso] My car has muffler bearings

Dave Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Mon Jul 14 00:22:17 EDT 2008

I thought that this would be a difficult challange, but to my surprise it
was guessed quite early by Garth so he gets the prize for being the first
on he forum to guess right.  But I must say, I like Ken's explaination best
as to why my car has muffler bearings.

Dave "more power" D

At 12:28 PM 7/12/2008 -0700, you wrote:
>Simple,
>
>    The ultra turbo muffler with internal turbine blades and external
propeller blades is mounted to the exhaust pipe using the well known
muffler bearing.  As air flows over the muffler exterior and through the
propeller blades, the muffler spins, and the internal turbine blades draw
the exhaust from the engine and in the most efficient designs actually pull
the piston upwards creating a second power stroke.  The best designs
produce sufficient power on the "exhaust" stroke to eliminate the need to
burn fuel in the engine.