[DeTomaso] Billet Gas Cap - UPDATE

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Jul 13 23:04:04 EDT 2008

All,

Several weeks back I posted information regarding my success in
finding a machinist who was willing to tool up for replacement billet
aluminum caps as used on the Hall curved fuel filler neck sold for
the early cars - ones without the gas cap in the gill.

He has added sufficient material inside the cap face to allow for
drilling and tapping a small hole to be used to anchor a SS chain
to keep it from so readily being left on the gas pump. ;-)

After black anodizing, he will laser-etch the Isis logo.

I've posted a photo on the P.I. forum --- you know, the one that
isn't stuck in the '70's --- where photo posting is fast and easy.

I just received the following from him - he is the machinist who does
many of the parts Quella sells.

Hi? Larry,

?

Here
are some pictures of the Gas cap before I send them off to the anodizer Tuesday.

I have the chain worked out so if you would like for me to include the chain
on your
caps let me know. It works out to be $5.50 for all of the 304 Stainless
hardware.

?

Mark
Johnson