[DeTomaso] Weirdness with my Cleveland ...

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 13:00:42 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/9/08 9:44:38 PM, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> If I were buying one all over again, I'd consider the small diameter MSD
> that Mikey mentioned.  Either that or another Mallory Unilite, just like I have
> right now.

FWIW, removing the two upper motor mounts, slotting the center bolt holes,
then bending the ZF mounts into a shallow 'S' will allow you to shift the entire
engine/transaxle backwards up to 3/4"- more than enough to allow using any
big-cap distributor. Zero adjustments need to be done with this powertrain move
except to readjust the gearshift lever to center, per the Red Owners Manual.
FWIW- J DeRyke