[DeTomaso] Halfshaft OE U-Joint information...

Don Thomas dtpantera at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 21:47:57 EDT 2008

Actually all those part numbers that I found and placed on the Wiki are direct OE replacement U-Joints.  There should not be any modifications necessary. No machining, sleeving, etc.

Now if you are spinning your u-joint caps, that's another story.

Take a look at the catalogs links that I put up on the Wiki.  They give the dimensions, part numbers and other suppliers Part numbers.

I found the Toyota u-joints that Jack mentioned... i.e.  GKN #18188 which 2mm larger in cap Dia and 0.7mm larger in length.  Those would definitely require machining to the caps and shafts.  :)

Try it ... you will like it...

http://panterawiki.org/wiki/index.php?title=Driving_Axles_and_Drive_Shafts

If there is anything in error... you can fix it... :)

You don't need me. :)  You can edit the Wiki yourself...

Cheers...