[DeTomaso] Front hood latch hard to close

Matt matt at nwpantera.com
Wed Jul 9 21:50:15 EDT 2008

Hey all,
Can anybody tell me how to reduce the force required to latch the front hood? I always have to give it a hefty two handed push down to get it to engage. Looking at the mechanism I see two return springs,neither of which seemingly have little to do with it. I tried lube but no help and the hood side prong seems to be adjusted down to the max.
It latches and opens ok but I feel like I'm giving CPR to an elephant. Must be some internal spring in there?
Suggestions?
Thanks folks,
Matt Wells
3584