[DeTomaso] Weirdness with my Cleveland ...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 9 01:55:02 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/8/08 22 26 50, eanderson at geotracinternational.com
writes:

> Does anyone have any suggestions? I just sussed the summitracing.com
> site and see that several options are available. I need a new
> distributor with vacuum advance, adaptable to my MSD and has no
> clearance problems.

Why?   Other than the distributor shear pin which failed on your existing
unit, is there anything wrong with it?   I wouldn't be compelled to replace it
unless you had a genuine need?

FWIW MSD makes distributors for the 351C, including 'small base' units which
are ideally suited to the tight confines of the Pantera's engine bay.   For
years their only option was a pure mechanical unit (which is what I have) but I
believe they also make a similar unit with vacuum advance, as well as a 'ready
to run' unit that doesn't need the MSD box.