[DeTomaso] Weirdness with my Cleveland ...

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Tue Jul 8 18:40:57 EDT 2008

I am not sure what to think ...

As previously reported, I had some issues with firing up and a rough
idle.  A complete re-tune of my carb and timing provided instant
results: my car fired up great, idled great and accelerated better than
ever.  Well, today I went to take her for a drive and the following
happened ...

- I climbed in.
- I gave the pedal a push to the floor and heard the choke engage.
- I turned her over and she fired up - a little groggy, but not bad.
- I gave the gas a few squirts and the idle set in nicely.
- I backed down the driveway and let her idle for a few minutes ... and
then I took off (slowly).

I got about half a block and felt the power drop bigtime.  Just as she
stalled she let out a huge backfire!  My cat has NEVER backfired before
- so I'm not sure if that has something to do with the problem or not.
That said, the car won't start since this happened ...

HELP!

EA