[DeTomaso] Brake Prop- Valve / Dick Ruzzin

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Tue Jul 8 14:39:27 EDT 2008

Later Panteras, with the fatter three piston calipers, has a piston area
which is 2:1 (front:aft), which without a prop valve will provide twice
as much braking force to the front, compared to the rear. Without a
device that will equalize this difference somewhat you are basically
only using your front brakes.

The shuttle valve has nothing to do with pad wear. It is a device
designed to indicate a pressure difference between the different
circuits in case of a leak in one of the circuits.

Disc brake calipers are self adjusting, and unless a pad suddenly falls
out of the caliper, no normal wear will actuacte the valve.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21