[DeTomaso] Brake Proportioning Valve / Dick Ruzzin

Dickruzzindesign at aol.com Dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 20:59:07 EDT 2008

My car does not have a brake proportioning valve and when stopping suddenly
my front wheels will
lock up.

While looking in the Speedway catalog I saw two interesting things.
One a proportioning valve that includes the brake light switch.
All ports are 3/8-24. (Mangusta?) I think I could replace the union block
that is in the car now with this unit. It also includes the hydraulic switch.

The other is called a brake metering/hold off valve. This valve allows the
rear brakes to act before the fronts do. It is meant as an enhancement for the
proportioning valve.

Has anyone any experience with the metering hold/off valve?

Thanks.

All the best,
Dick Ruzzin,______________________DickruzzinDESIGN at aol.com
920 Whittier Rd.
Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
Home: +313-824-0539, Cell: +313-300-9558